Monday, August 13, 2012

The art of sagging


I looked on as he walked ahead of me. His boxer shorts were showing and it was a really pitiable sight. Dirty underwear and even messier pants. He walked with a terrible swagger that made him look as if he's been stabbed at the side and was trying to stay hard on his feet. Most noticeable, were his boxer shorts as his pants were almost off to his knees.

No one really knows how SAGGING started. Rumor has it that it started among prisoners in the United States. Prisoners in the jails of the U.S. had their belts taken off of them in order to prevent them from using it to commit suicide. Another story says it was a way to show availability among gay prisoners. Whatever it was, it should have stayed right there in prison. Youths and even a few adults have adopted sagging as a modern fashion trend. Call me whatever you want, but I am absolutely anti-sagging. I believe underwear is like humility: essential but indecent if it shows. So, I walked up to this sagging dude and started talking. I asked him why his pants were almost down to his knees, and he told me he doesn't even care. He said I was lucky because yesterday, he even had them lower. I wanted to ask him a lot of questions: especially his age as I was ready to look past his misgivings if he told me he was 17. You know what they say about being 17 and not being able to look past Friday evenings. Maybe he was just another exuberant youth; but I so much doubted that.

The fact remains sagging your pants makes you look absolutely irresponsible. No one is interested in seeing your underpants. Keep the sorry things inside and to yourself.

Pull up your pants and earn that respect you crave so much, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment